This course covers fundamental topics about bearing construction, bearing selection, lubrication and types of lubricants and improving their skills while dealing with oils, greases and solid lubricants. Planned maintenance, inspection and troubleshooting are also covered
To enhance the participant’s knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to understand and apply recent technologies of bearing and lubrication
By the end of the course, participant will be able to:
- Classify Bearings and lubricants
- Be aware of physical and chemical properties of oils
- Identify chemical additives
- Evaluate testing for bearings, gears, engines and machine tools.
- Classify greases physical and chemical properties of greases
- Handle and store of oils and greases
- Plain Bearings
- Antifriction Bearings
- Types and Classification of Lubricants-International Standards
- Physical and Chemical Properties of Oils
- Chemical Additives
- Evaluation Testing for Bearings, Gears, Engines and Machine Tools.
- Lubricants Characteristic
- Synthetic Oils
- Types and Classification of Greases Physical and Chemical Properties of Greases
- Manufacturing of Greases
- Hydraulic Fluids
- Lubrication of Rolling Elements and Slider Bearings Lubricating Systems
- Failures due to Insufficient Lubrication (Wear, Corrosion, Rust. .etc.)
- Handling and Storage of Oils and Greases Aging of Oils and Greases
- Safety Precautions
Who Can Benefit?
This course is recommended for engineers, highly qualified technicians and supervisors, working in the operation, maintenance and others who are involved with the maintenance of mechanical, electrical and rotating equipment.