The high cost of maintenance has prompted many organizations to view the management of the maintenance function with more urgency. The increase in the size and complexity of the rotating equipment has resulted in maintenance being accepted as an important mainstream function in such companies.
This course provides the participants with the means to properly operate and support the rotating equipment in a way based on the good acquaintance with the modern technologies applied in this field. Trouble-shooting & forecasting break downs are inclusive
To enhance the delegate knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to give him some practical exposure to helps maintain the heat exchangers in good operational conditions and cope with the emergency cases of breakdown
By the end of this course the participant will be able to:
- Be familiar with technology and operation of heat exchangers.
- Understand the relationship between operation and Performance
- Understand the mechanical aspect of heat exchangers.
- Be familiar with common troubles of heat exchangers
- Be familiar with technology and maintenance of the machine components.
- Principles of Heat Transfer.
- Heat and heat transfer.
- Types of heat transfer.
- Factors that affect heat transfer.
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger.
- Components and operation.
- Flow paths in shell and tube heat exchangers.
- Types of flow.
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Applications.
- Heat exchanger used as a cooler.
- Heat exchanger used as a heater.
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Operations.
- Heat exchanger in a distillation system.
- Operator responsibilities during heat exchanger operation.
- Natural draft cooling towers.
- Mechanical draft cooling towers.
- Induced draft cooling towers.
- Forced draft cooling towers.
- Cooling tower cells.
- Condenser functions.
- Condenser operation.
- Startup procedure.
- Heat Exchanger Shutdown & Safety Considerations.
Who Can Benefit?
All the engineering & technical members of heat exchanger operation, inspection and repair