The high cost of maintenance has prompted many organizations to view the management of the maintenance function with more urgency. The increase in the size and complexity of electrical equipment has resulted in maintenance being accepted as an important mainstream function in such companies.
This course provides the participants with the means to properly operate and support the electrical equipment in a way based on the good acquaintance with the modern technologies applied in this field. Trouble-shooting & forecasting break downs are inclusive
To enhance the delegate knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to give him some practical exposure to helps maintain the equipment in good operational conditions and cope with the emergency cases of breakdown
By the end of this course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of mechanical alignment.
- Be familiar with the proper bearing maintenance procedures.
- Understand maintenance and inspection procedures.
- Understand the fundamentals of Vibration Analysis.
- Introduction and Review.
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Alignment.
- Types of Shaft Misalignment.
- Types of Couplings and their Applications.
- Use of a Dial Indicator in Alignment.
- Wagon Wheel methods of calculating machine correction.
- Data collection for calculating misalignment.
- Methods of calculating shim packs.
- Sleeve bearings – construction and application.
- Anti-friction bearings – construction application.
- Analyzing the causes of bearing failure.
- Proper bearing maintenance procedures.
- Commutators, Slip Rings, and Carbon Brushes.
- Maintenance and inspection procedures.
- Causes and effects of damage.
- Fundamentals of Vibration Analysis.
- Vibration analysis and alignment checking as maintenance procedures.
- Vibration measurement equipment – types and uses.
- Sources of vibration and noise in rotating equipment.
- Progress tracking & reporting.