Environmental awareness involves maintaining continuous awareness of developments and trends and the impact and implications of decisions on the organization and on its stakeholders. Organizations must show that they act responsibly in relation to their staff, customers, investors and the communities in which they work. Maintaining continuous awareness of your business environment enables you to take informed decisions based on reliable market intelligence. In addition business environmental awareness to developing and strengthening relationships by working with people in a way that gives them confidence in your intentions and those of the organization
To enhance the participant’s knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to maintain continuous awareness of his business environment enables him to take informed decisions based on reliable market intelligence
By the end of the Course, participant will be able to:
- Display a broad awareness and perspective of the external impact of the organization on economic, environmental, ethical, legal, and political, factors and together their effects at local, national and international levels upon the strategy, behavior and management of the organization.
- Identify stakeholders and build constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, engaging in consultation and balancing a range of demands, create strategic networks and alliances. Respond tactfully when stakeholder interests and organizational policies are in conflict.
- Be open and receptive to new ideas, and challenge others to adopt new ways of thinking. Question short term thinking and encourage sustainable strategies that consider the future and improve quality of life and the environment.
- Identify changes in the global energy market and formulate responses to those changes. Monitor key business performance indicators and look for new ways to improve performance. Keep track of the activities of competitors and react to those activities if necessary.
- Business and the environment
- Environmental law
- Environmental Management Systems
- Control measures
- Monitoring and measurement
- Emergency preparedness
- Course learning review and close