This course is a must for people involved in electrical power systems that use capacitors in an industrial plant setting, on distribution feeders and in distribution networks. It provides a thorough review of application of power capacitors and capacitor banks. It covers fundamentals and theory regarding power capacitors and power factor correction, methods of calculation, specifying, controlling, protecting, installing, operating and maintaining power capacitors and capacitor banks. It includes detailed analysis of the capacitor application in electrical motor circuits and distribution systems. This course brings participants up to date on the application of capacitors and capacitor banks, answers questions, and gives participants hands-on experience in assessing and solving typical problems.
To enhance the delegate knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to understand the application of capacitors in distribution system
By the end of this course the participant will be able to:
- Analyze the power distribution system in order to determine the need for improvement of power factor.
- Calculate energy cost savings associated with the installation of capacitor bank.
- Specify the size and configuration of capacitor bank and associated auxiliary equipment to suit his specific needs.
- Review of Electrical Current and Power Principles
- Principles and Fundamentals of Power Capacitor
- Basic Formula for Working with Capacitors
- Basics of Power Factor
- Improvement of Power Factor
- Benefits of Power Factor Correction
- Capacitors and Capacitor Banks
- Control Systems
- Protection of Capacitors and Capacitor Banks
- Installation, Operation and Maintenance
- Application of Capacitor Banks in Distribution Systems
Who Can Benefit?
- Engineers, technologists and technicians, and other technical personnel from industrial users, power utilities industry, municipal utilities, consulting engineering firms and manufacturers of electrical equipment who are involved with the design, installation, operation and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems.
- Plant managers, project engineers, and all personnel involved in the planning, recommending, selling and purchasing electrical distribution systems equipment.