By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Select the correct type of well for specific purposes.
- Plan the well given well head, and target data.
- Select the appropriate down hole tools to drill the well.
- Understand the operation of down hole measuring equipment.
- Interpret survey data, carry out survey calculations and plot survey positions on the will plan.
- Recognize and avoid down -hole problems.
- Analyze well shapes and project ahead.
- Co-ordinate System and Well Planning
- Directional Plan
- Deflecting Tools
- Down Hole Motors and Bottom Hole Assemblies
- Survey Equipment and Survey Interpretation
- Survey Instruments, Methods and Calculations
- Dog Leg Severity
- Types of Horizontal Wells
- Horizontal Well Planning
- Torque and Drag Calculations
- BHA for Horizontal Well Design
- Multilateral Well Techniques
- Practical Simulator Exercises on the Personal Computer